Every interior design project involves some generic stages to be followed while proceeding with the office design and fit out process. These include:
1) Programming: An office comprises of different facilities such as administrative, hospitality, recreational, food/canteen and each space has its own requirements and functions and understanding the functional requirements of each is undertaken during the programming stage. A professional designer caters to the functional aspect of each space, space allocation requirements and the furniture and accessories required in each facility.
2) Concept Development: After understanding the client’s requirements, the designer formulates its concept in the form of design and diagrams. The concept development stage comprises of different sub-stages. They are:
- Space Planning: it involves the plan to use the desired space efficiently.
- Light: the designer focuses on the scientific as well as aesthetic aspect of using lights. The quality and quantity of lights are both important to be considered in an office set-up.
- Color: a color scheme reflects the company’s brand, value and culture. Colors can improve mood & concentration and create a vibrant working atmosphere.
- Material Selection: Good quality and durable furniture and other accessories are selected for the office interiors.
3) Design Development: During this stage, the designer develops floor plans, elevations, sections, and other detailed drawings whilst justifying the design, color, furniture and finishes’ selection made. Setting up a budget and getting it approved is also a part of this stage.
4) Concept Presentation: The prepared design is presented to the client for review, revisions and approval. Any required changes are made and approved again.
5) Construction Documents and Procurement: It consists of final sets of documents with all the necessary specifications that will help the contractor to start building the project.
6) Construction Administration: The interior designer supervises the work while frequently visiting the site to check whether the work is in compliance with the construction drawings and specifications.
Research well before you choose an interior fit out service for your office renovation. To comply with all the steps and stages of interior designing opt for a reputed interior design company in Dubai, UAE for desired outcomes and having a set up that is visually appealing and comfortable.